SLJ Snakes and Ladders Kick Start

Hello readers this morning I did the Snakes and Ladders kick start activity. It was so fun I wanted to do it all over again. I found it challenging to think of questions that in the end I just did really simple ones. I like how it isn’t just any normal snakes and ladders it is a maths game. Which made it even more fun. In the end I made a video of me playing it with you as one of the players. It took so many tries just to get the video done, but it was so worth it. See I started to think why make a template where you just see the numbers and the cant actually play. So that is why I made the video. Well I hope you enjoy the Snakes and Ladders experience.

Questions For You

1.  What is your favourite board game?
  2. Have you ever played Snakes and Ladders before?
  3. Did you enjoy my Snakes and Ladders Game?

3 thoughts on “SLJ Snakes and Ladders Kick Start

1. Merry Christmas Aaleiyah,

My name is Anna and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. So awesome to see you getting involved with the SLJ activities.

You have done an outstanding job with your blog post Aaleiyah, I like how you have thought outside the box and videoed yourself playing snakes and ladders. You even included me. It’s a shame I didn’t win. Maybe if you make the Step It Up version (multiplication and division) I might win. Who knows.

What is my favourite board game? I have always been a big fan of monopoly although I never get to play because the game takes so long to play. What is your favourite board game?

I have played Snakes and Ladders before, it is a great game. I did play your version too. I really liked your version actually. You could potentially play Snakes and Ladders online with your friends couldn’t you.

I have labeled this an outstanding blog post which means you will get extra points for it. There are a few reasons I labeled it outstanding. Firstly, the layout of your blog post is very clear and easy to follow. You talk about what was fun for you and you even mention what you found challenging which is awesome to reflect on. You included questions which makes it so easy for viewers of your blog (like myself) to respond to you. You thought above and beyond the activity and took your time to create your piece of work. Well done Aaleiyah. I look forward to seeing some of your other SLJ mahi.

Anna
    SLJ

2. Hi Aaliyah
    I am Shreeya from Hornby Primary School. I am also participating in the SLJ. Your snakes and ladders is awesome I would enjoy playing it. Good you added answers so the people not playing can tell if you got it correct or not.

1. What is your favourite board game? I got lots of favourite board games but I would say Monopoly and Ludo.
    2.Have you ever played Snakes and Ladders before? Yes I’ve played Snakes and ladders before.
    3.Did you enjoy my Snakes and Ladders Game? Yes I did enjoy your snakes and ladders game because you explained things well.

Here is a question for you Aaliyah
    1. What is your favourite board game?
    2.Have you ever played Snakes and Ladders before?
    Did you enjoy playing Snakes and Ladders Game/with who?
    Thanks
    Shreeya

3. Talofa Lava Aaleiyah

I love how you created your own version of Snakes and Ladders game. I liked how you did something different and creative. You have put a lot of effort and thought into this game making of yours. To answer your second question, I have played a game of Snakes and Ladders before with my little cousins making it hard for them to win as I always win. Hope you have wonderful New Years and God Bless!

Your Freind-Estherose