SLJ Kick Start Which One Doesn’t Belong?

Hello readers it is me again here with another SLJ activity! This one was so fun and I hope you try solving my one at the end. Well I am saying to much already you are probably like ¨ What the heck does this girl mean¨ Any this activity was a maths one so you can tell I was excited. Anyway this was about shapes on the screen it shows four different shapes and you have to think which one doesn’t belong. The trick is you cant think of 1 reason you have to think of four 1 for each shape. I found it hard to think of what  doesn’t belong because I didn’t think of looking at the sides,angles or the colours. So once I looked at that it was easy. So thank you for reading and enjoy looking at my work. Chat about more SLJ activity’s soon. Aaleiyah 👋

2 thoughts on “SLJ Kick Start Which One Doesn’t Belong?

1. Kia ora Aaleiyah,

Things to think about when you are looking at differences of shapes is colour, size both length, width, capacity etc, sides, faces and the type of shape just to name a few. Shapes are interesting like that. They have so much in common yet can be so different.

A tricky puzzle to get my brain thinking. I like a challenge. Let’s see how I get on.
    A (top): It is the shortest cylinder.
    B (right): It is the thinnest cylinder.
    C (bottom): This one I found hard. It’s not the smallest in length or width so I guess that’s what makes it odd. It is the only shape that isn’t either shortest, longest, thinnest, biggest etc.
    D (left): It is the most proportionate cylinder meaning it looks normal in size. It is also the largest in terms of what could fit in there.

How did I go? Do you think I got them right?
    I made one, check it out.
    My Under Sea World

Anna
    SLJ